Learning his profession under the guidance of one of Texas’ premier probate lawyers, the late John L. Bell, Jr., of Beaumont, Texas, Mr. Andreason has handled many dozens of probate cases and has counseled with families on a wide variety of legal matters relating to estate and trust administration. Since our clients normally encounter probate during a time of grief and uncertainty, Mr. Andreason understands that being a capable probate attorney requires careful listening and empathy as much as technical proficiency.
Mr. Andreason’s long career as a probate and trust attorney has included the following types of cases, among others:
- Independent administrations of all types;
- Court-supervised estate administrations;
- Guardianships of minors and incapacitated clients;
- Probate alternatives for smaller estates, such as muniment of title and affidavits;
- Estate tax return preparation;
- Assisting the client’s accountant in estate and trust income tax return preparation;
- Disclaimers and other post-mortem strategies to shift wealth and reduce taxes;
- Handling creditors claims and insolvent estates;
- Handling audit and appeals issues with the Internal Revenue Service and state tax agencies;
- Will contests;
- Defending and prosecuting estate and trust accounting and fiduciary liability cases.